Thursday, April 1, 2010

Seven Things That Made Me Smile Today

1. It is 73 degrees and sunny outside.
2. I played charades with a group of high school juniors today. I played it with them during the last period of the day on the day before spring break. All that separated them from a sunny spring break was 50 minutes and me. Instead of being cranky, distracted, or too cool for school, they threw themselves into the game of charades with abandon, and we had a lot of laughs.
3. During library duty I squeezed in a few pages of Kate Atkinson's latest Jackson Brodie mystery, When Will There Be Good News?
4. This afternoon, my son who is in the first grade informed me that he "is moving on from Flat Stanley to The Boxcar Children."
5. I ate a few marshmallow Peeps.
6. Anticipating a new 30Rock. I'm hoping The Office is new tonight too. What the heck. If you're gonna dream, dream big.
7. Rolling down my window and belting out Jackson Five tunes in the car.

I hope you had much to smile about today.

No comments: