Saturday, December 13, 2008

T-Shirt Reader

I'm a fan of the well written t-shirt. It's an art form, really, to get a reaction such as a chuckle or an amen from as few words as can fit on the average t-shirt. I tend to like subtler ones that make you think, such as my son's t-shirt which says "Hockey" followed by a picture of an oscillating fan. Marathons (which I've cheered at , not competed in) are often good venues for clever ones, such as this on the back of a pink shirt, "If you can read this, you're being beat by a girl" or "Run like there's a sale at Kate Spade." But recently I got a big laugh out of a less subtle t-shirt that teacherninja at http://www.teacherninjas.com/ linked to. It hearkens back to the musical one hit wonder of the early 1990's by Sir Mix-A-Lot and reads, "I Like Big Books and I Cannot Lie." I think Santa needs to drop that under my tree, perhaps with some fat David McCullough tome to carry around in order to prove the point.

No comments: