Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Meme Post





The Book Bench has been tagged with a meme. Actually, A Lawyer Mom from A Lawyer Mom's Musings tagged my nine year old daughter Hayden with this one. She has to list seven awesome things about herself and then tag another blogger(s). I think Hayden is chock full of awesomeness but wasn't sure if she would create a list about herself as she isn't exactly a self promoter. After some blushing and head scratching, she came up with this list of "Seven Awesome Things About Hayden":
1. I think I'm awesome at art, especially messy art.
2. For a nine year old, I'm awesome at writing with my feet.
3. I think I'm awesome at reading, especially good books.
4. I'm awesome at finding things, but not always my own.
5. I'm awesome at observing things.
6. I'm awesome at telling Ethan stories.
7. I'm awesome at thinking. I do it all day long.


Well, I love her list! I couldn't agree more, but I would like to add that Hayden is awesome at logic puzzles like Sudoku,
making cootie catchers (aka fortune tellers).
swimming the backstroke, hula hooping, making me smile, and keeping the baby carrot farmers of America in business. She eats them morning, noon, and night the way other people breathe.
So Hayden decided to tag her Tia Ana, my college aged sister who is a fledgling blogger at Shamrocks and Chancletas and her Aunt Jane at Jane's Journey. We think they are both awesome at everything but especially at achieving their goals and looking stylish doing it. Tell us seven more awesome things about yourselves.

2 comments:

Lawyer Mom said...

Hayden, you did a great job. Truly excellent. And you intrigued your readers -- which is always good. For example, what are you awesome at finding that isn't yours?

And your Suduko (sp?) abilities have me toppled over in a stupor. I couldn't do a Suduko if my life depended on it. I've tried, under similated conditions and it was not to be.

Best wishes for a stimulating summer.

Lawyer Mom.

Lawyer Mom said...

P.S. Sorry Hayden I mean to say "simulated." Grown-ups should know how to spell. Otherwise it's hard to trust them.