Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fireworks, Fiction, and Family on the Fourth

We had a fabulous weekend over here at the house of The Book Bench. Great lots of food and fireworks were enjoyed. We commenced reading Harriet the Spy together. My husband finished building new bookshelves for my daughter's room. I've happily been following the conversation begun by Nicholas Kristof's NYTimes OpEd piece on "The Best Kids' Books Ever." (Check it out or add a suggestion at http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/05/opinion/05kristof.html?em.) The best thing about our weekend was visiting the beautiful, sweet, healthy delightful baby boy just born unto my brother and sister-in-law. You should see this kid! He is perfection all bundled up in a little blanket.

1 comment:

Lawyer Mom said...

Glad you saw that NYT post. I was going to email it to you and then . . . in all the 4th fanfare, forgot.