Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Welcome to Back to School Season


September has arrived and the school buses are soon to follow. We happened to drive past my daughter's elementary school yesterday, and she said, "Don't you just love the way your classroom smells on the first day of school? I love that smell!" One of her brothers asked what exactly is wrong with her brain and the other mused what it would be like to have a tail. I hope the latter's new teacher is ready for the onslaught of non sequitirs!

2 comments:

teacherninja said...

Dude, we are so ready for non sequiturs. That's all I get from K students, but it's not limited to just them. I get random kids I barely know telling me their grandma died, giving me a hug, telling me their teacher's favorite color. All kinds of stuff when I'm just standing in the hallway as they leave. It just kills me every day. I should start a list...

Lawyer Mom said...

So cute! But there is a smell on the first day of school. And a cafeteria smell. All sorts of smells!