Friday, April 3, 2009

Foodie Friday- Easter Basket Edition


As you can guess from the Peeps on my dining room table, I'm getting excited about Easter. If I could have my fantasy job, I would be a custom Easter basket filler. You would tell me a bit about the recipient, and I would fill the ideal basket for him or her. It would incorporate a balance of elements, chocolate and jelly beans, fun novelties like wind up bunnies, seasonal gifts such as baseballs or golf tees, a great book, and of course, marshmallow chicks. I think every baby, toddler, and preschooler should find Kevin Henkes' Owen's Marshmallow Chick in at at least one Easter basket of their childhood. It is spring colored, charming, and relatable. Owen wakes up on Easter morning to find gumdrops, buttercream eggs, jelly beans, and a chocolate bunny in his basket.(I am salivating on the keyboard right now!) He enjoys them all, but his favorite is the yellow marshmallow chick which becomes a plaything and friend. Sorry about the pun, but it's too sweet for words.

No comments: