Monday, November 17, 2008

Ignore the Couch

Even though I do not love the couch in my basement and fear you will look closely and see popcorn and crumbs peeking out from under the cushions, I need to share this most beautiful of photos I took this morning. My two older children so love the books they are currently reading (Roald Dahl's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory for him and Bart King's The Big Book of Girl Stuff for her) that they abandoned their usual post-breakfast pre-schoolbus bickering, SpongeBob watching, and more bickering to lie on the couch reading for the half hour after breakfast. I could break into the song from Oklahoma, "Oh What a Beautiful Morning," but my singing voice is even scarier than the pattern on the couch.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

I have the best memories of my mom reading Dahl books to me as a child, and then reading them myself when I was a bit older.

Corey Schwartz said...

Aw! How funny.. and sweet!

Anonymous said...

Very cool moment. "Charlie" is my favorite children's book.