Friday, February 6, 2009

Foodie Friday: Little Pea


My mom gave my son Ethan a sweet little picture book for Christmas, Little Pea written by Amy Krouse Rosenthal and adorably illustrated by Jen Corace. Mom told me she picked it up at a winery in California that she visited with my sister last summer. This blows my mind in several ways. She started her Christmas shopping in the summer! In a winery! A winery that sells children's picture books!? Forget Disney World; that sounds like the happiest place on Earth.
Back to the book. Poor Little Pea doesn't like to eat sweets, but if he doesn't eat his dinner of candy, Mama Pea and Papa Pea will not allow him dessert. What is his dessert, you wonder? Spinach, of course. This little book's strengths are its illustrations of the Peas and its turning the normal order of things upside down. It is sure to charm picky preschool eaters and their parents.

1 comment:

Ginny Marie said...

Oh, this looks so cute!