Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I'd Like To Thank The Little People


I received a fabulous award this week from Ginny Marie of Lemon Drop Pie. That's it on the left. Thank you so much! I'm amazed that anyone other than my mom and husband read this blog. I think I'm supposed to pass it along to some other bloggers which I plan to do soon. There are quite a few that I enjoy, Lemon Drop Pie for one, so it's hard to narrow it down. It seems part of the award is listing five things I'm currently into. Since this is supposed to be a blog about reading (although carpooling, snow shoveling, and candy eating find their way in), I'll try to keep it to the written word. Here goes:
1. Pie: 300 Tried-and-True Recipes for Delicious Homemade Pie by Ken Haedrich. My mom gave me this book for Christmas. I've shed some drool on the pages.
2. The Cheat Sheet on The Daily Beast website.
3. The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart. It's our current nighttime read aloud book and all of my kids are enjoying it. Even my husband has been listening in. They get a big kick out of the character Constance.
4. Soft powdered sugar doughnut holes. (You knew I wouldn't stick to reading material.) Sometimes I'm in a salty place food wise and sometimes I'm in a sweet place. Rarely am I in a vegetabley place.
5. I can't stop listening to "Human" by The Killers. I'm also really digging their cover of the Dire Straits' "Romeo and Juliet." Do you remember that one, "Juliet, the dice were loaded from the start..." You know what, that one kind of counts as reading because although it's pop music, it contains a Shakespearean reference.
Tell me something you're into at the moment.

2 comments:

Corinne said...

she's right - you and your blog are fabulous! :)
also, you inspired me to download "day and age" so i'm sure by tomorrow i'll be into that!

Ginny Marie said...

I was wondering how you would fit this post into your book theme! Thanks for the sweet compliment. I think I need to run out for some doughnut holes now...right after I check out The Killers link!