Friday, May 8, 2009

Foodie Friday

I didn't have any good foodie books to recommend last Foodie Friday and I asked for your culinary inspiration. From the lack of comments, I'm guessing I'm not the only one serving up too much canned soup and/or sandwiches lately. Today's mail (the old fashioned kind that comes out of a metal box) brought me my favorite guilty pleasure, Entertainment Weekly magazine, an early birthday gift from my husband. It lists some fun foodie websites including Smitten Kitchen which I mentioned last Friday and This Is Why You're Fat. I checked it out and it is worth a visit. I'm curious, does it make you hungry or does it make you want to take a very long scaldingly hot shower before throwing together a salad? I'm on the fence myself.

3 comments:

Lawyer Mom said...

Great balls of fire. The ice cream cones looked so innocent, so delicous . . . next to the Strasburg Pie (or was it loaf).

But I had to stop scrolling down when I got to the the Junkyard Dog. It was a heart attack ack ack ack ack . . . in the words of Billy Joel.

Hit 40 said...

I understand your comment now... I will try the book this summer. Thank you for the recommendation.... 32 Third graders and one class bunny! Sounds good.

Yat-Yee said...

Goodie! Foodie websites!

Christine: can you contact me to give me your address so I can send you the book you won?

yatyeechong at gmail dot com